People who are strong in the self intelligence
like the rhythm and sound of language. They like poems, songs,
and jingles. They enjoy humming or singing along with music.
Here are ways to work with this intelligence
in your lessons:
- Go on "guided imagery" tours.
- Set aside time to reflect on new ideas and
- Encourage journal writing.
- Work on the computer.
- Practice breathing for relaxation.
- Use brainstorming methods before reading.
- Listen to and read "how to" tapes and books.
- Read "inspirational" thought-for-the-day
- Read cookbooks.
Brewer, Chris & Campbell, Don, Rhythms of Learning, Zephyr Press,
Murdock, Maureen, Spinning Inward, Peace Press,
California, 1982 (rev. ed. Shambala Press.)
Prather, Hugh, A Book of Games, A Dolphin Book,
New York, 1981.
Engaging the Intelligences